Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Follow (20)


Q: You are a matchmaker -- your goal, hook up two characters from two of your favorite books. Who would it be? How do you think it would go?

In a non-romantic pairing, I think that Stephanie Plum from the series starting with One for the Money  and Kinsey Millhone from the series starting with A is for Alibi should meet.   I feel like if they did meet they may even go into a very successful business together where they do PI work and catch bail jumpers.

In more of a romantic pairing, I think Hannah from Delirium and Gale from The Hunger Games should meet. I can't say that this pairing is based on anything more than these were two characters that I really loved in the books that did not seem to find a happy ending (note: I haven't read Pandemonium yet so that could affect my perception of Hannah). But I do think they both had a desire to rebel against the society they were raised in--in some ways a stronger desire than the protagonists in the books. The difference was that they did not have the same opportunity to display that desire to the world that the protagonists had. So I think they would understand things about each other that no one--not even their closest friends would understand.

13 comments:

  1. THG and Delirium?? That's an awesome match, Shanan!

    Just stopping by from Parajunkee's FF.

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Hana and Gale are an amazing match I believe! I think their relationship could turn out really strong!
    I'm a new follower, you can see my FF here:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/05/feature-follow-friday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following. The more I have thought about it--the more I think about it, the more I really wish they could get together. :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting reasoning for the Hannah and Gale pairing. I like good characters to get a happy ending. :)

    New Linky Follower.

    http://bit.ly/LQeTuZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when good characters get to have their happy ending. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay -- thanks for giving Gale such a great blind date. Would love to see how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww love Gale and Hannah :D Great pick! New follower via GFC!

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads (YA Blog) & Reading On The Wild Side (Adult Blog)

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Bengal Reads

    "Click Here" To view my #FF post for Reading On The Wild Side

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never read Delirium; however, it would be interesting to see Gale paired up with someone.

    Thanks for stopping by! Returning the follow via GFC ^_^

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was the first person I thought of Gale--I really would love to see him find happiness.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Shanan! I'm trying to contact you about a review, and I can't get through to your email!! Can you email me at: thebookishdame at aol dot com please? :] Love your blog!! Deborah/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete