Monday, June 18, 2012

The Book Addict Reviews: Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz


Genre:Young Adult, Paranormal, Vampires  
Order Online: Amazon.com  
Previous Review of Series: here
Author Info: Goodreads | Website
Rating: 3 stars   
Borrowed book from the library. 

In A Nutshell:  
After the frustration with Bloody Valentine, I admit that I did not jump into Lost In Time with the highest or most positive expectations. But I am so glad that I did finally pick it up because it was so much better and more engaging than I expected. 

Review:  
After reading Bloody Valentine, I was so disappointed that it almost made me want to stop reading this series.  But I am glad I gave Lost In Time a chance because it brought back many of the aspects of the series that I had grown to love.  In particular, I really loved how Melissa de la Cruz was able to string together three completely separate storylines (specifically Jack/Schuyler, Allegra/Ben/Charles, and Mimi/Kingsley/Oliver) without losing continuity or having the elements cross over between the storylines causing confusion.

The one issue that is very frustrating for me is the repeated references to Florence.  I feel like we (as readers) have been patient with the references to this life style without substance and context.  There were numerous times throughout this book where I wanted to scream "what happened in Florence--tell me already!"

But overall, I felt more drawn into the story of Mimi/Kingsley/Oliver.  I found that I started to see Mimi as more than a shallow bitch--she revealed more emotion and more depth than I expected after stories up to this point.

Recommendations:
After this one, I feel more optimistic about tackling a book that has been on my TBR pile for a while:

No comments:

Post a Comment