I have had a couple of giveaways running that have come to an end, so now it is time to announce the winners and the answers to my Hunger Games questions.
First, I want to thank each and every one of you who have signed up as a follower for my blog. I have been very fortunate to have so many wonderful people to share my love of reading with. And I value each time you share your love of reading with me.
The winners of my 300 follower giveaway are:
Nicole who choose Wings by Aprilynne Pike.
Aurora who choose Fat Vampire by Adam Rex.
Tiffani who gets Slayers by CJ Hill.
Thank you to everyone who participated in my 300 follower giveaway!
Second, I had so much fun with the Hunger Games Countdown Trivia and Giveaway. I hope my buddy, Jen, will want to do another one soon! *wink* *wink*
The winner of the giveaway was Krista, who already has a ticket to the midnight showing of the movie. Who else will be there at midnight?
Here are the answers to my questions:
1) What is the first line of The Hunger Games?
B) When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold.
2) When Katniss tells the reader about life in District 12 and how she knew Peeta, she says this "is never the cause of death officially. It's always the flu, or exposure, or pneumonia. But that fools no one." What is she talking about?
3) Who are Venia, Octavia, and Flavius?
D) Katniss' prep team
4) Before going to the Capitol, Katniss says she has ridden an elevator two times at the Justice Building in District 12. What were the occasions?
A) Once to receive the medal for her father's death and then to say her final goodbye to her friends and family.
5) What did Peeta's mother tell him when she went to tell him goodbye?
D) "Maybe District Twelve will finally have a winner...She's a survivor, that one"
6) Before Caesar's interviews, what characteristic did Cinna tell Katniss that no one can help but admiring in her?
B) Her spirit
7) How many Tracker Jackers attack (or sting) Katniss before she drops the nest on Peeta and the Careers?
8) What does Katniss' mother always say is the first treatment for burns?
D) Cold Water
9) Who said, "I don't want them to change me in there. Turn me into some kind of monster that I'm not."
10) Which tribute did Katniss identify first as one of the muttations when she, Peeta, and Cato were defending themselves at the Cornucopia?
11) What outfit does Peeta say he remembers Katniss wearing when his crush on her started?
B) A Red Plaid Dress with her hair in two braids.
12) What "sensible" meal do Peeta and Katniss share as Chapter 23 opens?
A) They each have a roll, half an apple, and an egg-size serving of stew and rice.
13) What does Katniss hide the sleeping medicine in when she gives it to Peeta?
A) Mashed up berries that she calls Sugar Berries.
14) Katniss describes how District 12 handles the Hunger Games as?
A) "We grit our teeth and watch because we must and try to get back to business as soon as possible when they're over."
15) Which of the following is the last line of The Hunger Games?
C) "I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the camera, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go."
So how did you do? What did you think of the questions?