Monday, March 5, 2012

The Book Addict Reviews: B is for Burglar (Kinsey Millhone #2) by Sue Grafton


Genre: Mystery & Thrillers, Women Sleuths, Contemporary Fiction
Order Online: Amazon.com
Author Info: Website | Goodreads
Rating: 2 stars
Borrowed book from the library.

In A Nutshell:
I found this installment a little more frustrating and predictable than the last one--but the character of Kinsey Millhone has me intrigued enough that I cannot wait to start the next one. 

Review:
After the devastating end to "A" is for Alibi Kinsey Millhone has returned to her private investigation firm--a person has to eat after all.  And this time she meets Beverly Danziger who needs to find her sister Elaine Boldt in order to settle the estate of a distant relative who left money to the sisters.  Initially, I (like Kinsey it seemed) was not impressed with this case.  But as Kinsey kept finding more and more inconsistencies and questions I was slowly drawn into the search for Elaine Boldt.

Which made it very frustrating when Beverly started serving as a road block in the investigation.  In fact, I felt that more and more of the characters in this book were road blocks to this investigation.  Did no one ever wonder why they had not seen Elaine in so long?  Wasn't she one of their friends?  Didn't they care about her at all?  It left me feeling unnecessarily frustrated with the story.  Did they miss Elaine at all?  Do they want to find Elaine or not?  It seemed very obvious when someone did not want to help Kinsey--which led me to guess the end pretty easily.  As a mystery--this one left a lot to be desired.

But I did find myself more drawn and more intrigued by Kinsey.  I want to read more just so I can get to know her better.  I feel like there is a lot of potential in her as a character--and from everything I have heard Sue Grafton will explore it as the series continues.  

Recommendations:
I cannot wait to continue my friendship with Kinsey in:

No comments:

Post a Comment