Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Book Addict Reviews: Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

Hollowland
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Zombies, Adventure & Thrillers
Order Online: Amazon.com
Author Info: Website | Twitter | Goodreads
Rating: 4 stars
Bought this book after a friend told me about it.

In A Nutshell:
I loved this book, which surprised me because I do not usually like zombie books.  However, it ranks as one of the best zombie books I have ever read.  From the moment I started it, I couldn’t put it down.  I read it voraciously.  At the end, I wanted to go back and read it again, this time to savor it. 

Review:
Zombies have overtaken the United States.  The government cannot stop them.  Instead, the government has set up quarantines in the hopes that the remaining uninfected people will be able to outlive the zombies.  When the zombies all die out then the people can retake the country. 

Remy and her brother, Max, are separated when group of zombies organizes and overtakes the quarantine where they are waiting out the zombie epidemic.  Remy has sworn to take care of her brother, so she sets out to find him.  Along the way, Remy is joined by more people who are also trying to avoid being inflected by the zombies.  Together, the group escapes an over-zealous cult leader, violent marauders, and lots and lots of zombies. 

Amanda Hocking did a wonderful job of creating a story that sucks the reader in.  It has something for everyone: action, romance, humor, family, and friends.  The characters are intriguing and likeable.  I was rooting for Remy to find her brother, for Lazlo to have the courage to tell Remy how he feels, for Blue to find a place where he can help people, for the zombies to die out so everyone can be safe and happy again.

I cannot wait to for the next book to come out, so I can see what happens next. 

Recommendations:
I am waiting in anticipation for the next installment of this series.  It is scheduled to come out this year, and I cannot wait.  However, in the meantime I want to read some of Amanda Hocking's other series that are currently available.
Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)My Blood ApprovesVirtue - A Fairy Tale

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think you have succeeded in bumping this title to the top of my TBR pile :)

    Great review

    ReplyDelete