Friday, July 29, 2011

Follow Friday (4)



Q. Let's step away from books for a second and get personal. What T-Shirt slogan best describes you?


I do not know if I would say this shirt describes me--but I would love to get one of these shirts.  I grew up a Chicago Cubs fan.  No, I am not from Chicago.  I grew up not far from Hohokam stadium where the Cubs spring train.  My grandfather loved the Cubs.  He volunteered with the Hohokam service organization for years.  I grew up with cable only because my grandfather wanted WGN so he could keep up with the Cubs when they were on television.

But it is heartbreaking.  Every year I hope fit is the year, but it has not happened yet.  I will always be hopeful--and hate the curse.  

In case you are not familiar with the Curse of the Goat and how it relates to my beloved Cubs: here is an article about the shirts.  There is also more information available here.

So, now tell me are you in love with a team that breaks your heart?

11 comments:

  1. New Follower! hope you have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower. I love the cubs too! :)

    - Beckie
    http://syco4twilight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shanan, I'm a new follower and have joined the Hop. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to everyone! Hope you have fun hopping around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog you have! Thank you so much for stopping by Cafe of Dreams! I am now a new follower of yours as well! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Shanan,
    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. "A Need So Beautiful" was a case of a good premise and serious lack of follow through. Pretty from a distance, but WTH up close. In short...really good teen movie fodder. There is nothing that the movie machine can take from these bones. It can only add.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, new follower. Dig the blog banner design! I'm not a Cubs fan, but really I'm not a sports fan, so no competition here! Check out my #FF answers and feel free to comment.

    ~ andi novelista

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Cubs are my team and I still pray for victory, I totally wish I had thought of this slogan for my FF. It's just perfect.

    http://readreadloved.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-hop-follow-friday-friday-56_29.html

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really the biggest sports person, but I watch them on TV sometimes anyways because both my friends and family have the funniest reactions to what happens during the games. It's just awesome -- like me when I'm reading a book! :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you're having an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My family always looks at me funny when I am reading a book and laugh out loud or groan in frustration or start looking at the book like someone is crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete