Monday, July 4, 2011

In Honor of Independence Day














Some trivia questions with a focus on US history:
1) What notable achievement of Thomas Jefferson's life did he not mention on his tombstone?
2) "The New Colossus," Emma Lazarus' famous poem about immigrants is on what famous statue?
3) Illustrator James Montgomery Flagg gave America what patriotic symbol? (Hint: U.S.)
4) What crusty WWII general's hobby was writing poetry?
5) What great American Event was celebrated at the 1926 World's Fair in Philadelphia?

I will be back tomorrow evening with the answers.  All of these questions come from:



Genre: Trivia, Humor/Novelty
Order Online: Amazon.com
Author Info:  Amazon.com 
Rating: 4 Stars

In A Nutshell:
I originally planned to swap this book but after I started reading through the trivia questions, I do not want to part with it.  There are some questions that are just fun or funny.  There are some questions that are more serious and historic.  Overall, this book is a lot of fun to read and even better to read with a group of friends or family.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your site & wanted to let you know I'm following you now. I have a fairly new book review blog too. It's http://www.bookwormfamily.com/ if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete